Facial sagging is PDO Thread Lift one of the problems that most concern both men and women who want to continue to maintain a youthful appearance without going under the knife.
Can you imagine a facelift without surgery? It is possible thanks to the revolutionary technique of the PDO threads pioneered in South Korea, where it was extensively studied. Further progress and experience continued in Europe and now many aesthetic centers in the USA have adopted this innovative procedure into their menu of cosmetic procedures.
Before Going for a PDO Thread Lift
These threads are applied through small openings at strategic points on the face. Through special needles,
they are fixed on the skin and tightened until the flaccid tissues are repositioned to their natural place.
It is therefore a minimally invasive treatment that allows Skin Tightening to restore firmness to the tissues with a very natural end result.
A few things you should know about PDO smooth and lifting threads:
1. The PDO threads do not produce rejection or allergies and are bioabsorbable.
2. The material of the thread is Polydioxanone which is reabsorbed in around six months.
3. In each session multiple threads are introduced and their effects may last from 1 to 2 years.
4. The placement of the threads takes between 30 and 90 minutes.
5. It can be combined with other procedures like fillers and Botox.
6. They rejuvenate from the inside out by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin in the skin that surrounds each strand.
7. Normal activities can be resumed the very next day. Swelling or discomfort may last for a few days.
8. The results are progressive and will begin to be noticeable from the third week.
9. The PDO suture materials have been used in surgery for several decades safely with no long term problems.
10. It has been used in all age groups in adults unless the patient has extreme collagen loss and advanced ageing which can only be corrected by a surgical facelift Going for a PDO Thread Lift.
The PDO threads are especially recommended to correct facial flaccidity (cheek lift, recovery of the facial oval, improvement of nasolabial folds, wrinkles around the eyes and barcode, brow lift…).
How many threads are used on average in a PDO procedure?
Before carrying out any procedure it is necessary for our aesthetic doctors to carry out a professional assessment and design the treatment specifically for each patient. They assess the problem to be treated and the condition of the skin, age, degree of flaccidity, and evaluate the number of facial threads necessary in a first consultation. Generally, tightening threads are indicated for people over 35 years of age who want to improve and prevent sagging Going for a PDO Thread Lift.
Lifting PDO threads in addition to stimulating collagen, also allows us to tighten and reposition the tissues. Some lifting PDO threads are mounted inside a cannula, which is a needle-like device with a blunt tip, which makes their placement less traumatic, greatly reducing the risk of bruising. Once the cannula is in place, the cannula is removed and massaged so that the barb’s anchor to the skin, we pull the thread until the tissues are repositioned and the excess is cut off.
The results are progressive resulting in a very natural lifting effect; it does not change the expression of the face after the treatment and improves the quality and texture of the skin. The doctor specifies that “although the tightening effect is visible from the first moment, the improvement increases in the first months when, in addition to the mechanical effect, the stimulation of collagen is added.
If you want more information about this treatment, do not hesitate to contact us.