Have you ever wondered about the benefits of coconut oil? Coconut oil is popularly sold as a healthy superfood. Do you about the amazing health benefits of coconut oil? Below are some of the best health benefits of coconut oil.
Health Benefits of Coconut oil:
- It is said to have many healthy benefits, which include increasing HDL cholesterol levels, lowering bad cholesterol levels, preventing blood clots, improving circulation, reducing cardiovascular disease, preventing and treating diabetes, and increasing longevity.
- Many dietary fats are classified as long-chain fatty acids (LCTs) and coconut oil is one of only a few that is partially long chain fatty acid (LCFA). Let’s explore the benefits of coconut oil further.
- There are several benefits of coconut oil that make it a great addition to your diet. One of the benefits of coconut oil that has been studied and documented is the ability to change the type of fat stored in our bodies.
- When our bodies convert fat into energy, our liver produces ketones. Some studies indicate that consuming coconut oil may help reverse the process, and increase your body’s use of stored energy.
- One of the reasons why coconut oil may be beneficial for your skin is that it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCT), which are relatively easily absorbed by the skin. This makes them a good moisturizer.
- Other natural moisturizers that are longer chain fatty acids are hard to absorb, even through massage. But MCTs are very easy to absorb through your skin, even through intense rubbing. So, using products with MCT as an ingredient could be a good strategy for treating dry skin.
- MCTs are partially hydroxycinnamic acid, which means that they contain a carboxylic acid that is similar to the sugar in your baked goods. The purpose of this carboxylic acid is to act like a glue, attaching liquid to fat cells to create triglycerides. So, coconut oil has some properties that make it an excellent moisturizer.
- Coconut oil for dogs works in many skin illnesses for your furry friend and protects them from skin illnesses thicks and fleas.
- It also contains medium-chain fatty acids, which means that it can easily enter your bloodstream, where it may do wonders for your health.
- Saturated fats are not particularly good for you. In fact, they are not good for your overall health. Saturated fats are commonly found in fried foods, which are high in calories but low in nutrition. Also, saturated fats accumulate in your arteries, clogging them up, which increases your risk of heart attack.
- So, if you want to avoid unhealthy saturated fats, you need to eat more foods that are low in calories, but which still contain healthy fat-burning proteins and carbohydrates. But, it seems that the benefits of coconut oil do not stop there.
- In one study found in the Journal of Applied Physiology, it was shown that MCTs from the coconut oil increased the rate at which muscles are burned. The increase was noted as being about forty percent greater than that from a group of non-hydrogenated vegetable oils. Another study on the benefits of coconut oil found that mice who were fed the oil had about fifty percent more muscle mass than mice who were fed a control group.
- There are many more benefits of coconut oil that will be news to many Americans, but one thing is for sure: eating this kind of oil is good for you. It may even help you to avoid some kinds of heart disease. Some people argue that the saturated fat found in coconut oil is not healthy for long-term consumption, but the benefits of coconut oil seem to override that fear.
- There are many different types of fats that are good for you. The best fats to choose are the unsaturated fats that we already have in our bodies, such as those found in nuts and seeds like sunflower seeds and safflower seeds.
- The best kinds of these fats are not the saturated fats that are often found in most products today, but the virgin coconut oil. When choosing oils to use for cooking, choose the unsaturated and virgin coconut oils, as they are much healthier for you than the other kinds of fats and will still give you plenty of calories and nutrients that your body needs.